[ale] eth0 vs eth1

Gary S. Mackay Gary at edisoninfo.com
Tue Aug 8 01:30:52 EDT 2000

Here's a weird one. I have a 3com NIC in my linux server/masq box. Working
fine. I added a second NIC (tried smc-ultra and rtl8139) and no matter how I
configure conf.modules, the 3com NIC always comes up as eth0. I wanted it to
stay connected to my internal lan and the cheapy card to be connected to the
cable-modem to be installed tomorrow, oops, today. Is this tuesday? All of the
NICs work fine, I just can not get the 3com one to be eth1. Any ideas? For now
I will connect it to the cable modem and the rtl8139 to my internal 100mbit
lan.

- Gary

--
Edison Information Technologies