[ale] New machine

Alexander Barton abarton at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 7 23:10:00 EDT 2000

All the parts arrived over this last weekend.  So I took Monday off from
work and assembled and installed my Athlon 750MHz, 256MB RAM, and 3dfx
5500 64MB into a deeelux Addtroincs 6890 case (with luxury castors).
There are seven, count them, seven, fans in this thing.  Anyway, on to
the purpose of my post....

The RedHat 6.0 bootable CDROM doesn't want to recognise my ATA/66 IDE
interface.  Has anyone had experience with Linux with this device?  Will
I have better luck with a more recent version of RedHat?

Is there any place in Atlanta I can buy off the shelf the Linux version
of Quake III?  :)

Thanks,
Alexander
--
Alexander Barton         "...Unix doesn't have a monopoly on good ideas,
abarton at mindspring.com    it just owns most of them." -Alan Cox