[ale] rsh problem

Jeffery Tillotson jeffx at jeffx.com
Fri Aug 4 12:45:58 EDT 2000

Running a demo here and need to run a command on a
linux machine from an SGI.  I figured rsh would work fine but it
isn't.  I have all the user account set up okay because I can "rsh
hostname" and connect just fine.  However as soon as I try to "rsh hostname
command" I get:
    Permission denied.
    rsh: connection
failed

If I just rsh in I can run the needed command just
fine.

I have tried every variation of the rsh command and
rshd server options and still can not rsh a command.  I have used
absolute pathnames.   I know rsh is insecure but this is on a closed
network and is only for a one time demo.  Any assistance would be
greatly appreciated.