[ale] some nfs stuff

David Brooks db at amorphous.org
Sun Sep 19 15:22:29 EDT 1999

'ello-

I seem to be having a problem with nfsd on my linux box (rh6.0, kernel
2.2.10). Basically, I'm trying to export a directory contain html and
images to my openbsd box to save harddrive space.  However, I get the
following message on the OpenBSD box when trying to mount the linux
share:

hler:[/usr/libexec]#> mount 192.168.1.2:/ /odin
NFS Portmap: RPC: Program not registered

Portmap is running on both machines, however when I try and run
/usr/sbin/rpc.nfsd on the linux box, I get the following error:

odin:[/usr/sbin]# rpc.nfsd
nfssvc: Function not implemented

Any way I can correct that?  What should be done?

-Dave
dbrooks at comstar.net