[ale] Red Hat 6.1 video problems

Jim Seymour jseymou5 at bellsouth.net
Sat Oct 30 22:56:32 EDT 1999

Hi All,
	New to Linux and this list. I am trying to do a fresh install of Red
Hat 6.1 and have run into a problem. Under 6.1 I cannot get the
x-window system to load. When it finishes booting up I am at a text
only screen. During the install, I could not test any of the video
modes even though the settings were the same as for RH 6.0.

	My video system is a Matrox Mill G200 AGP w/8meg and a DiGiview 17"
plug and play monitor. Has anyone had the same experience? What can I
do?

TIA,
Jim