[ale] remote shutdown

Zhongbin Yu " <z.yu at premcall.com> Zhongbin Yu " <z.yu at premcall.com>
Sat Oct 30 00:51:02 EDT 1999

I had to say:
this is a very "sophisticated" way to repeat NT's ping of
death :-(

Jerry Yu
Systems Engineer	| zyu at tc.net
Premiere Technologies	| 404-262-8544(O)	1-800-979-1105 (P)
Atlanta, GA 30326	| ae.tc.net/dept/engineering/op/public/developer/zyu

On Fri, 29 Oct 1999, Robert Drake wrote:

#
#setup a process in inetd with an unused port number.  then restrict it in
#hosts.allow/hosts.deny to only local networks
#
#2001  stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd /sbin/halt
#
#I personally did this with pppd/killall pppd.  so users could start a
#ppp session with "telnet stupid 2001" (stupid is the name of my masq box)
#
#Robert
#