[ale] No printer daemon present

Paul Fisher fisherp at bellsouth.net
Fri Oct 29 14:04:56 EDT 1999

Eric,

Getting better. I switched the /dev/lp0 to dev/lp1.
I am now up to 6 entries in spool area. It still won't print. It says
"waiting for Xerox  to become ready (offline?)"

I know the printer is fine, I ejected a page to make sure. I tried start, and
restart in lpc. I changed the support headers and then the send eof. I shut
down, rebooted and I get the same message from the terminal with lpc and
status but if I go back to the printtool and do a test ASCII  page, I get an
error message:

"Error printing test page; reason: lpr: connect"
"connection refused, jobs queued but cannot start daemon"