[ale] File stream from URL

Mike Fletcher fletch at phydeaux.org
Wed Oct 27 09:58:51 EDT 1999

    Kalin> Hi. I have the following question. Are there any libraries
    Kalin> for opening/reading/writing/closing a file form an
    Kalin> http/ftp/gopher... etc. URL?  I would like something like
    Kalin> this:
    Kalin>
    Kalin> url network_file("http://mysite.com/myfile.txt");
    Kalin> url.read(&data, 10); url.read(&data, 15); ...  url.close();

        Yes, there are such libraries.  Of course it might help get a
more specific answer if you specified *what language* you want to do
this in . . . :)

        At any rate, given the vaguely C++ looking code snippet, you
probably want libghttp from the GNOME project.

678 443-6239(w)       |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=