[ale] odd behavior

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Tue Oct 26 07:21:40 EDT 1999

jim wrote:

> I've been using Enlightenment 16 for awhile now. But this weekend, I
> upgraded to RedHat 6.1. Since then, I can't see Netscape when I'm
> running Enlightenment. The process is there if I do a "ps" and error
> windows pop up if I'm not connected and it's trying to load a page. But
> you can't see the browser anywhere. It was working fine before I
> switched to RedHat 6.1. Ans it's perfectly visible using other window
> managers. Any ideas on what I need to do to stop this disappearing act?

Are you starting it from the command line, or menu.  Try starting it
from a command line and see if it produces any errors, if it exits or if
it stays up.

I'm using E as well (but I'm no expert, just upgraded to 16 about a weke
ago), but I've not seen this problem.  Is it possible it's getting fired
up in another desktop or virtual desktop??

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl