[ale] VPN and private IPs

Joe Knapka jknapka at charter.net
Wed Oct 20 17:11:38 EDT 1999

I'm currently trying to set up a similar configuration,
except that in my case one end of the VPN will be behind
the MASQ firewall rather than on it. Chapter 8 of the
O'Reilly VPN book ($5 at Kudzu!) has a pretty good
explanation of how to do what you want using pppd and
ssh, but there are a number of typos, most of which are
obvious, but some of which might lead to some
head-scratching ("pppd" misprinted as "ppp", for
example).

Unfortunately, I'm going to be out of town from
tomorrow to the end of next week, so I probably
won't be able to work on the VPN stuff until
I get back. If you get your stuff working, I'd
like to know about it.

Thanks,

-- Joe