[ale] Success, again

J. Reeves Hall reeves at earthling.net
Tue Oct 19 04:36:57 EDT 1999

I got Red Hat 6.0 correctly installed on my laptop, and I'm not messing
with it this time :)
The procedure was not pretty, and involved using Tom's Root Boot in a
second laptop to manually construct a bootable filesystem, copying
initrd and vmlinuz from the Red Hat boot disk, and moving the hard drive
into the laptop I wanted to install on.
But it worked :)
Thanks for all the suggestions. The cool thing about problem solving in
Linux is that you can't do it without learning a lot in the process!

-Reeves

--
In a world without fences, why do we need Gates?
J. Reeves Hall - Georgia Tech (CS Major)