[ale] sdd?

Mike Still mstill at avana.net
Mon Oct 18 22:27:52 EDT 1999

I just do `dd if=/dev/cdrom of=imagefile`  This has worked for both linux
(iso9660)
and windows (el torito or whatever it is) cd's.  I know the iso was
bootable, too.
Make sure the cd is NOT mounted (but inserted).  I don't think this will
work if it is mounted.
After the image is created i do a once over the contents by mounting it to a
temp
dir: `mount -t iso9660 -o ro,loop imagefile /mountpoint` then `find
/mountpoint` or something.
After testing the image i umount then do: `cdrecord -v speed=2 fs=16M
dev=1,0,0 imagefile`
Your dev and speed may differ from mine, though.

>  > > similar.  Anyone know a URL or package name I can search on?
>  > >
>  > > Robert
>  > >
>  >
>  > -
>  > > Robert L. Harris                |   "A person is smart;
>  > > Senior System Administrator     |        People are dumb, panicky
>  > >   at Global Commerce Systems.    \_            dangerous animals"  -
Agent