[ale] Macintrash <-> Linux networking

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Thu Oct 14 10:55:36 EDT 1999

Anyone know of anything for mounting Apple network shares under Linux?  I
know I can use netatalk to go the other way and I've got that working, but
I'd like to be able to mount Apple stuff under Linux.  So far, all I've come
up with are

* Mac NFS (service for the Mac which lets you export Mac filesystems over
NFS; looks somewhat limited, but functional)

* afpfs (module for Linux 2.0 kernels which has very beta support for
mounting AppleShares under Linux)

afpfs is conceptually what I'm looking for, but the only version I've found
so far (1.0b2) is from a long-since-abandoned project and doesn't actually
work....

Anyone know of a newer version and / or have other ideas?

later,
chris

--
Chris Ricker                                               kaboom at gatech.edu