[ale] O'Reilly books cheep

Ben Coleman oloryn at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 10 00:26:34 EDT 1999

On Sat, 09 Oct 1999 22:14:46 -0400, Clay Lawrence wrote:

>Most were $4.99 with a few at $5.99. Plenty of Linux and Unix
>stuff as well as some windoze related stuff.

Yup.  Only thing I'd add is to give the books you're buying a good
checking-over.  The copy of "Programming Web Graphics with Perl and GNU
software" I bought has a printing problem:  pages 315 thru 362 are
missing, and in their place are pages 411 thru the end of the
book(meaning I've got 411 thru the end twice).  And Kudzu has an 'All
Sales are Final' policy, so I can't take it back.  Of the 8 books I
bought(~$220 worth for about $50), this is the only problem I've found,
but it won't hurt to check over what you're buying *before* you buy.

Ben
--
Ben Coleman oloryn at mindspring.com    | The attempt to legislatively
http://oloryn.home.mindspring.com/   | micromanage equality results, at