[ale] burning RedHat6.0

Courtney Thomas ccthomas at access1.com
Sun Oct 3 17:09:15 EDT 1999

Greetings !

Just downloaded RH6.0 and wish to burn a bootable CD of it.

What I now have in a dir on my HD is:

    /instimage
    /base
    /RPMS
    /doc

Question:

    using cdrecord, after mkisofs with -b  -c options, will I then have,
not only the entire distribution, but also a bootable CD ?

The reason I'm concerned is that I just downloaded and successfully
burned a bootable CD of the current FreeBSD distribution and it was
considerably larger than than what I've got for RH6.0.

Also, the boot images are apparently in /instimage. Will the CD boot if
I simply burn these files onto the new CD ?
BTW, the computer handles eltorito OK.

Am I missing anything ?

Thanks again,

Courtney