[ale] No KDE or GNOME system sounds under RedHat 6.1

Jim Seymour jseymou5 at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 27 01:02:17 EST 1999

Hi All,
	I saw something about this in this group several weeks ago but cannot
find it. I used sndconfig to set up my Acer AW35Pro (Crystal Semi
9236B/4237) soundcard under RedHat 6.1. I can hear the card initialize
during boot and can play CD's and get sound under games however I
cannot get system sounds. I have checked the  correct option for the
sounds and have rebooted and still cannot get them to play. Not even
able to test the sounds. Any of you Linux guru's have a guess as to
what the prob is?

TIA again,

Jim Seymour