[ale] Second drive as Linux

jonathanrickman at netscape.net jonathanrickman at netscape.net
Wed Nov 24 20:19:22 EST 1999

NO!!! Do not put Lilo on the mbr...DO NOT!!! NT has an inferiority
complex and demands that it be the default loader. Unfortunately,
getting NT's loader to recognize linux is pretty hairy. My suggestion
would be Boot Magic from Powerquest. It comes on the "extras" disc of
some distros. (Mandrake, Caldera,
and I think RH 6.1) Believe me...installing lilo on the mbr of your NT
drive  will "blow it up".

Jonathan Rickman
Information Technology Manager
Hall County Courthouse