[ale] Installing Linux on PC

Mark Bedish mark at gwsi.com
Fri Nov 19 11:44:23 EST 1999

Greetings,

I am hoping for some opinions. I inherited an HP Pavilion 4535 when
my woman left and now am hoping I can install Linux on it with a minimum
of hassles. The PC itself is a Celeron 400 with 64MB and a 6.4GB HD.
My consternation is that the video is of the onboard Intel AGP variety
and my only good experiences previously have been with PCI video cards
I have purchased knowing before hand they worked with Linux. Has anyone
else installed Linux on a similar machine?

Any thoughts or comments are welcome.

Thanks,
Mark