[ale] LILO boot

Christopher Fowler cfowler at aimgroup.com
Thu Nov 18 14:54:03 EST 1999

I have installed RH 6.1 on many machines and have found that if the kernel
that boots does not reside under the 1024th cylinder then the system fails
to boot. What I've done is create a /boot at 10mgs and place all boot stuff
there and
then partition the rest of the HDD.  Is this the correct way?

Chris

-----------------------------------
Christopher Fowler
Senior Systems Analyst
The AIM Group, Inc
1355 Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30309

Phone: (678) 618-7327
Fax: (413) 480-3167

The information transmitted is intended only for the entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking any action
in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other then the
intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this in error, please