[ale] Stupid Sendmail relay question

Sue Bauer-Lee sblee at tazmania.org
Thu Nov 18 08:50:13 EST 1999

It depends on what sendmail version. I don't recall what ships with RH6.0
but I think all sendmail 8.9.x uses access.db instead of relay-domains (at
least 8.9.3 does).

/etc/mail/access would be defined in your sendmail.cf and it would contain
likes similar to:

cereus.com	RELAY

> I want to allow relaying from 192.168.1.0 and 209.44.70.0 on my RH 6 linux machine.  The sendmail faq tells me to put the domains in
> /etc/mail/relay-domains.  I did but still can not use the smtp server.
>
> The contents look like this:
>
> [192.168.1.0]
> [209.44.70.0]
> cereus.com
> cereus-internal.com
>
> I remeber that there was another file that needed the network numbers.
> Can someone tell me what it is and were to specify it in sendmail.cf.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Sue Bauer-Lee          |    KE4HNN
PO Box 2900            |