Fw: [ale] Linux: Secure and Limits? - yet further off topic

John Mills jmmills at avana.net
Wed Nov 17 23:05:38 EST 1999

I looked at CERT and found a recommendation that wu-ftp-2.50 suffers the
same buffer-overflow vulnerabilities as -2.4, and recommending upgrade to
-2.6x. I can't find sources for this - in fact, wuarchive had -2.4. I got
-2.50 from the redhat 'updates/6.0' directory at GIT, yesterday. Does
-2.6x exist, and is it buildable? CERT (or a link from CERT) noted that
-2.6x is "slightly incompatible." What is exactly the state of things?

What ftpd is a reasonable choice today?

This is for RH6.0-i386, as you probably gather.

TIA and Regards -
 John Mills