[ale] php4

Zhongbin Yu " <z.yu at premcall.com> Zhongbin Yu " <z.yu at premcall.com>
Wed Nov 17 10:18:04 EST 1999

#AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .inc
##AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3 .inc .phtml
#
#Notice the commented out line. At this point, I don't think you can use
#PHP3/4 on the same server, and I think I read on the Zend page that you
#cannot compile apache with both versions.  I just have to apache
#installs with the same DocumentRoot, etc.

I am not very familiar with the difference between php3 code and php4
code. That said, I has php4b2 installed with Apache 1.3.9. I can rename
.php3 code to .php and the server can run it without problem, not that
I can tell. To make my life easier, I add into httpd.conf
	AddType application/x-httpd-php .php3
side by side with the existing
	AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

Now the server will take both. Would this qualify as 'use PHP3 and PHP4'
on the same server? 				      ^^^
Will there be other difference that cause PHP4 module fail to interpret
PHP3 code and PHP4 code at the same time?

Compiling is another issue, as Bryan stated.

Thanks.

Jerry

#
#--Bryan