[ale] php4

Bryan R. Mattern bm at datapace.com
Wed Nov 17 05:30:54 EST 1999

Philip Rodgers wrote:

> I am having a terrible time getting php4 to run on my redhat box.  I have
> compiled Apache and Php from source according to the instructions but still
> am not able to parse php files.  The source shows up in the browser.  I have
> check httpd -l and I have the php module in there.  my httpd.conf is correct if
> the instructions are correct I think.  If anyone knows of a good source for
> install help with php let me know.

Make sure you have the AddType in your httpd.conf:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .inc
#AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3 .inc .phtml

Notice the commented out line. At this point, I don't think you can use
PHP3/4 on the same server, and I think I read on the Zend page that you
cannot compile apache with both versions.  I just have to apache
installs with the same DocumentRoot, etc.

--Bryan