[ale] diald "modprobe: can't locate module ppp0" error

Gary S. MacKay gary at edisoninfo.com
Mon Nov 15 23:37:39 EST 1999

I have RedHat 6.0 on a new install with diald-0.99-1 and ipchains. From
the linux box, all is well. Diald triggers when it should and I can
browse the 'net. Problem: Non of the other machines can browse through
the linux box. I get the above error whenever the linux box connects to
the ISP. The /var/log/messages file gets flooded with these. I have
compiled the kernel 2.2.13 with ethertap compiled in and not as a
module. This has always worked for me before. I just can't find what is
going on this time. Has anyone seen this?

- Gary