[ale] patching the kernel

Steven A. DuChene at VA Linux Systems sad at valinux.com
Sun Nov 14 02:21:30 EST 1999

On Sun, Nov 14, 1999 at 06:04:26AM +0000, THE_BIGDOG wrote:
> i have the full kernel source tree. i did a back up of it to before i
> started this little adventure. it's standing by. i have had time to go look
> for any changes this patch was to do, so far i can not find anything that
> has been done. the "kernel how to" is leaving me kind of hanging. it was
> written for some one else besides a newbie like me. btw i'm on a k6-2 350 i
> build myself.  "the mips patches are not too relevent to your
> problem space." does this mean i have the wrong patch?

No, normally the "full" kernel source tree includes files for all
the architectures that Linux is ported to. Therefor the patches to
the kernel normally include changes for all of these same
architectures. Do you have a /usr/src/linux/arch/mips directory?

If not then you have a partial kernel source tree.
Steven A. DuChene	sad at valinux.com