[ale] copying lps to cds

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Sat Nov 13 21:22:08 EST 1999

Jeff Dilcher wrote:

> > > Yes, that is also possible.
> >
> > Wow, thanks that is so much help.
>
> No problem.
>
> Suggestion:  Ask specific questions.

How more specific would you like?  I want to copy old lps to cds.
Seriously, what else is there that I left out?  Maybe my ignorance
regarding music recording and such is showing.  Connect output of my
stereo receiver to the input of my sound card.  Somehow find some
software that is going to permit me to record the input from there to my
cd writer.  Or, do I need to record the lp through my sound card to a
file and then write the file to the cd writer.  What else is it that I
could say that would assist you in pointing me in the direction of some
documentation that would help?

> Anyone could write volumes about music recording and computers.

True, but my question was a lot more specific than that.  Prerecorded
lps to cds, using my computer.  Assuming that Linux would be the
solution OS, since this is a Linux list.

> Everything you asked is pretty trivial, and well documented on the internet.

For Linux?  If you know of some docs or urls regarding this, I'd
appreciate it.

> Have you searched all the search engines?

I started by checking out the various HOWTOs.  I checked the LDP. If
it's in either of these, I missed it.  I checked out the cd writing and
sound howtos.  I have done a number of searchs with various criteria
that did not produce the information I needed.  There is information
regarding Windows solutions, but I don't have windows on this machine.
The specifics are that I expected to use my Linux box and didn't figure
I needed to note that since I posted to a Linux list.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl