[ale] OT: Database conversion

Daniel Boyd dboyd at berry.edu
Fri Nov 12 16:00:02 EST 1999

Hello,

I'm hoping that someone on the ALE list has had to do this before.
I am trying to find a program/script/magic potion to convert older
gdbm or ndbm file to Berkeley DB 2.  I've got the db_load from
Berkeley DB 2, but I can't find anything to dump the existing
databases.
This is the output from 'file'
camps.topstory.dbm.dir: GNU dbm 1.x or ndbm database, little
endian

Can anyone help with this problem? Or am I better off trying to
reenter data into the application by hand?
Thanks in advance...

Dan

Daniel Boyd, CNA                   Voice: 706/236-1750
Director                           Fax: 706/238-7858
Computing and Network Services     email: dboyd at berry.edu
Berry College         "We are confronted with
                       insurmountable opportunities."
                             -Walt Kelly