[ale] Epson printer experience questions

John M. Mills jmills at TGA.com
Tue Nov 9 23:55:14 EST 1999

Dow -

On Wed, 10 Nov 1999, Dow Hurst wrote:
> I have been using EasySoftware's printing package, (www.easysw.com),
> with great success on our SGIs.  It is compatible with most current
> inkjets and color laserjets.  I noticed that they are Linux compatible
> now.  The quality of our printing is really good.  EasySoftware has an
> agreement with Epson so that they get the info they need to create the
> drivers ASAP.

Thanks for the information - CUPS look like an interesting project, but
only a couple of drivers seem to be available for free download, with many
others for sale - by EasySoftware or presumably/potentially other parties.
Downloading EasySoftware's package costs $49, or $99 for the CD, which
takes the $100 printer out of the "cheapest" category.

At any rate, I'm happy to know about it.

  John Mills, Sr. Software Engineer
  TGA Technologies, Inc.
  100 Pinnacle Way, Suite 140
  Norcross, GA 30071-3633