[ale] Re: 115.00 fine for bouncing email to critter at wizvax.net

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Mon Nov 8 10:28:41 EST 1999

On Mon, Nov 08, 1999 at 09:02:52AM -0500, Chris Champness wrote:
> $71.00 for me.

	Mine was $105.

> >I would be ticked if I were you, my fine was only $81 =)

	I figured it was a subscription probe to weed out bad addresses.
Since I'm on a dedicated link that's rarely down, I didn't figure it was
bounce generated.  Either way, he could have put some "similies" in there
for the humor impaired.  I figured it was a funny, but I can see where
some people would get torqued.

	HEY!  I just realized something!  There's a third reason (over
and above the bounce handler or subscription probe) this may have been
sent out and it explains all the different numbers.  Maybe he figured
the ALE list was getting too quiet and figured to "stir the pot".  He
could get us comparing notes on who got fined how much.  At least with
this third possiblity, he seems to have succeeded!

	Mike
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (770) 331-2437   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/