[ale] Recording

Irv Mullins irv at ellijay.com
Fri Nov 5 15:37:54 EST 1999

On Fri, 05 Nov 1999, Terry Lee Tucker wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I would like to record some music that is playing through the CD on my
> RedHat 5.2 box. Is there a way of recording a track and saving it as a
> midi file in Linux?

While I suppose it is theoretically _possible_ to convert audio wave forms
into midi pitch and duration codes, it would be more difficult than writing a
program to simultaneously transcribe 10 or 20 people all speaking at once.
(without misspelling a single word, or mixing up who said what.)
What you probably want is MPEG.

Look here for more info on midi and
mpeg: :http://www.quicknet.se/home/q-112005/dan.htm

Regards,