[ale] Wierd printing problem

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Thu Nov 4 09:59:29 EST 1999

In a nutshell, I can't seem to print to a remote lpd spool.

I'm beginning to suspect something's broken with the latest lpr package
redhat has put out, as it used to work, but now it seems to afflict nearly
every box I run..

running lpc shows me that several jobs are queued but no daemon is present.
If I try to restart the daemons, I get "Permission denied" errors in the
logs.  Nothing shows up on the server.. the spool files show up, but
running lpc on them locally lists no jobs queued.  I can print fine
locally, and through samba..

And yes, the client machines are listed in the hosts.lpd (and hosts.equiv)
No errors or anything of that sort show up in the server's logs.

Any suggestions before I snag the source and rebuild?

 - Pizza [using samba to print from one unix box to another is.. wrong..]
Solomon Peachy                                    pizza at resnet.gatech.edu
I ain't broke, but I'm badly bent.                        +1(678)358-7968
Patience comes to those who wait.                            ICQ #1318344
    ...It's not "Beanbag Love", it's a "Transanimate Relationship"...