[ale] local (or not) web hoster?

Dave Brooks dbrooks at elysium.comstar.net
Tue Nov 2 16:56:52 EST 1999

Eek, telnetd.  Try sshd.

Also, you might seriously want to consider what michael suggested.
With companies providing xDSL lines for comparitive costs of webhosting,
it would be to your advantage to pay for a data line and host it from
your own home.  This would allow the maximum amount of flexibility,
and you could set it up however you wanted, meeting and probably
exceeding your requirements below.

Regards,
Dave Brooks

On Tue, Nov 02, 1999 at 03:58:48PM -0500, Michael B Golden wrote:
>Why not set up your own using apache, telnetd, ftpd, etc. ?
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Michael Golden
>Naugrim at Juno.com (Normal, no HTML / MIME / Attachments)
>MGolden at Airapps.com (Only for messages with Attachments.)
>RedHat 5.2 (2.2.12) Linux user -- Linux Advocate
>
>On Tue, 2 Nov 1999 15:52:22 -0500 (EST) Rob Butera
><rbutera at ece.gatech.edu> writes:
>>
>>Hi folks.
>>
>>We (my family) are fed up with our WWW hoster (addr.com) and want
>>a new home to host our domain (butera.org)
>>
>>Any reccomendations (or offers), local or otherwise?
>>
>>We want the following:
>>
>>- minimum 50 Mb (prefer 100 Mb) disk space
>>- no (or reasonable) data transfer limit
>>- unlimited email aliases (and easy access to changing them)
>>- *telnet* (and FTP) access
>>- mailboxes optional
>>- access statistics optional
>>
>>If you want to offer your services, reply by email.  If you want to
>>reccomend a hoster, please tell the list.  Thanks.

david a. brooks
dbrooks at comstar.net
systems engineer
comstar.net, inc.