[ale] mail server program

Ryan Bridges reverend at geeknik.org
Tue Nov 2 16:00:27 EST 1999

My advice would be this.  Install a default RedHat distribution. Run the
'mailconf' program.  In there, you can configure user routing and user
masquerading.  The two functions should do everything you need.  This is
in sendmail, BTW.  User routing let's you route incoming mail to a certain
email address to anyone, anywhere you want.  Masquerading makes outgoing
mail look like it is coming from another email address.

To do so it by hand, you would add:
Rlocaluser<@localhost>	$@	user < @ wherever.com>
Rlocaluser<@localhost.>	$@	user < @ wherever.com.>
	To your /etc/sendmail.cf file.

I'm not sure about doing the routing by hand, never done it:)

Hope this helps,

The world you get is the|  			   ryan at linuxgeneral.net
one you give away.      |
	--the OffSpring |