[ale] looking for anti-M$ html filter

Steven A. DuChene at VA Linux Systems sad at valinux.com
Fri Jul 30 21:43:34 EDT 1999

Hello fellow ale-ers:
I seem to remember seeing something somewhere about some sort of
filter/converstion program/script/whatever that would "fix" those
damn M$-isms that end up in html files when they are exported
from M$ programs like Word or whatnot but I have not been able
to find anything on freshmeat. Anyone have any idea where I could
find something that would fix things like "?" marks instead of
apostrophies and other problems created in html files from the
stupid character formating stuff that M$ programs mangle when
they are used to export html?
Steven A. DuChene	sad at valinux.com
Southeast US Systems Engineer
VA Linux Systems	http://www.valinux.com