[ale] R.H. 6.0 / GNOME problem

Jim Rundquist g552448 at fs1.mar.lmco.com
Thu Jul 29 07:06:07 EDT 1999

</pre>
I have just upgraded to RH6.0 from RH5.2 and included the GNOME desktop
in the upgrade. Prior to the upgrade, I had installed the GNOME packages.
My problem is this. When I start X I get a dialog box with the following
message.
address for babe. This will prevent GNOME
It may be possible to correct this problem by
localhost.localdomain
with internet access through ppp which seems to work fine. Does anybody
know what this means and what I'm missing out on in GNOME? I am going to
try to install KDE on /usr2 so I can do a back-to-back evaluation
of GNOME and KDE and I want to make sure everything is working correctly.
<pre>--
Jim Rundquist
jrundquist at fs1.mar.lmco.com

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines</pre>
&nbsp;</html>