[ale] ftping redhat 6.0.tar.gz

Armsby-Jr, John W John.Armsby-jr at West.Boeing.com
Wed Jul 28 15:21:57 EDT 1999

I have recently tried to ftp into metalab.unc.edu in order to download
redhat 6.0.  I want to load it onto a sparc 10.  It is anonymous ftp (I
thought).

The good news is I get in.  The bad news is that when I try to "get
redhat-6.0.tar.gz it says "permission denied".

I have tried to get into cc.ga.tech.edu with absolutely no results at all.
I thought it was an anonymus ftp server.

Anyone had any success downloading the .tar or .tar.gz file for the red
distribution?

John