[ale] DNS

Michael B Golden naugrim at juno.com
Tue Jul 27 01:29:05 EDT 1999

	Okay, I just ran into a problem with DNS. My DNS server is down
(Or has
been purposely disabled for me(which I do suspect)), and the sysadmin
won't be back for another 3 days. I am wondering if there is any services
to look up IP addresses. If not, is there anyway that every domain I go
during normal operation can have it's IP addy and domain name inserted
into my /etc/resolv.conf file so that when it does go down there are
still
a variety of sites to look at?

P.S. Is it possible that I also could have screwed something up with my
configuration? It is still listed correctly in resolv.conf, and I can
still get things from hosts listed int the /etc/hosts file. traceroute
also reports that the DNS server is online. If it could be something on
this end, where do I look?

Michael Golden
Naugrim at Juno.com