[ale] VNC (Was: Java on VNC display)

Joe Knapka jknapka at charter.net
Sun Jul 25 09:37:10 EDT 1999

SSH with VNC is really easy, check out

http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/sshvnc.html

I've got an IPmasq firewall at home, and a few machines
at the office running VNC behind a firewall. I can VNC
from any PC on my home network to the office and vice
versa using SSH. I'm working on some Expect scripts
that set up the right connections, since it's kind of
a pain to type those long SSH login commands all the
time. I'll post them if you want.

-- Joe

Jeff Dilcher wrote:

> Hi Joe!
>
> Thanks for the patience.  Yes, I tried adding a blank .Xresources
> file, and....
> It worked!
>
> Cool!  Thanks for taking the time to write back, and help me get this
> thing
> going!
>
> Now, to play with getting it to run within SSH!

-- Joe Knapka
* I speak only for myself, except when the little transceiver
* at the base of my skull is activated...