FW: Re: [ale] BottleRocket

Mike Fletcher fletch at phydeaux.org
Fri Jul 23 21:23:00 EDT 1999

	I just ordered the IBM Home Director kit from worthdist.com
for $10 (+$5 FedEx shipping).  It has their OEM'd version of the cm11a
that can report events off the power wire too (as opposed to the one
way Firecracker/cm17).  It also comes with a lamp module, a universal
remote and a wireless receiver for same (similar to the one that comes
in the Firecracker deal but that can be switched between devices 1 and
9).  It works fine with a program called `heyu' (search for it on
freshmeat.net).

	Also, you might check at Lowes (and possibly Home Depot).  The
one off Mansell Rd near Northpoint had a small selection of modules as
well as replacement wall switches.  Not as cheap as getting them
direct from x10.com, but then I also haven't gotten an email a day
from Lowes advertising their one-day-only-special-that-really-runs-for-
several-weeks. :)

678 443-6239(w)       |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=