[ale] Java programs on a VNC display

Jim Popovitch jimpop at rocketship.com
Fri Jul 23 19:33:55 EDT 1999

Hey guys, I've look through all the VNC FAQs, and I've searched the VNC
mailinglist archives but can't seem to find an answer to my problem.  I use
VNCviewer from my WinNT workstation to access a VNCserver X session running
on a Linux server.  It works great and I couldn't be happier, except for one
thing. Java programs run on the Linux server don't seem to be recognizing
anything but the local display. My DISPLAY variable is set to
"linuxserver:1", and all X apps work fine.  Any suggestions?

-Jim