[ale] Redhat IPO

David S. Jackson dsj at dsj.net
Thu Jul 22 13:20:26 EDT 1999

So then jj at spiderentertainment.com (jj at spiderentertainment.com) said . . .

> Speculation, speculation. My question is, is Redhat really
> that good ? I have my doubts in Redhat keeping their price
> up in a longer run. Can anyone comment on this ?

Seems to me the important factor is the increasing market for Open
Source Software rather than a single company's performance within a
static market.  M$ is a monopoly; I guess you must choose whether you
think that will continue sufficiently long enough for RH stock to not
benefit you.  Personally, I think people will eventually gravitate
toward OSS for many of their needs.  I think RH and others will
benefit because of this.

Just my two cents.  :->

--
David S. Jackson                           http://www.dsj.net