[ale] 10/100 56K PCMCIA

Stephan Uphoff ups at tree.com
Wed Jul 21 14:05:36 EDT 1999

Longterm costs:

If you plan to use your laptop only on a desk you probably
can use any card.

I you use it anywhere else plan on cable breakage.

They are almost 'designed' to break if you place the laptop on
a soft surface like a cushion.

Replacement cables can cost up to 50% of the card and
usually you will have to special order them.

After the second cable lasted only two days I gave up on my old card
and bought one of the newer cards which occupies two slots but
work with standard cables.

Stephan