[ale] sound support for Interwave card?

Jim Philips jcphil at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 21 13:05:19 EDT 1999

My advice, if you're using RedHat 6.0, try the RedHat sound system
first. If that doesn't work, try ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound
Architecture) and if none of those work, look to see if OSS supports
that card. OSS works fine with some picky sound cards, but it is a pain
when you go to upgrade your kernel or distribution. ALSA has a lot going
for it, but the documentation isn't great, as its creator seems
philosophically opposed to the idea of writing clear instructions. But
there is a mailing list.