[ale] [Off topic]Please Help!

Matthew Phillips darthpenguin at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 19 20:00:37 EDT 1999

Today I really screwed up my system.
I read in a computer magazine that if you have
two hardrives in one system, you should put the
slower drive on a different ide channel than the
fast drive because if you don't the slow drive
can reduce the transfer rate. So today I decided to
do some tweaking and moved my slow drive onto the
same ide cable as my cdrom drive which was on the
secondary ide channel. So I moved the drive, set the
jumpers, and did the rest of the stuff I need to do.
I turned on the system.....
The monitor didn't have a signal, there was no beeping
from the computer, but the power and harddrive leds
were functioning. Also the atx power button connected
to the motherboard also worked. That's as far as it got though.I put
everything back to the way it was and still could not boot with the
same symptoms. Can any of you gurus help me? I checked all the cable
connections and all the standard stuff. This is slightly related to
linux because if I can't boot my computer, I CAN'T RUN LINUX! Please
help. Tri