[ale] Latitude CPt 333GT config

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 18 21:55:53 EDT 1999

So far, I have gotten a recompiled kernel to work and the touchpad as a
PS/2 mouse working.  A big thanks to Patrick Ramsey, David Dagon, Ryan
Bridges, Gregory McLean, and Geoffrey "Wandered Inn" for the help so
far.  I have gotten a limited XFree working at 640x480.  Somehow I think
I missing some connections between the kernel framebuffer support and
XFree SVGA framebuffer support.  In Suse 6.1 the SAX program has the
NM2200 chipset however I haven't found the XFbDev server.  I am thinking
that the listed VESA server may be what I need but I don't really know.
The kernel framebuffer support is really cool since you get a very nice
console setup.  YaST will run but SAX fries the terminal and requires a
kill -9 to get back to a normal screen.  At one point after rebooting
with the original kernel w/out framebuffer support, I was able to get
YaST and SAX running XFreeSVGA which enabled me to get 1024x768 but
without mouse or keyboard control.  I used the NM2200 chipset, VESA
monitor, SVGA server for that combination.  I will keep working at this
and updating everyone as I go.  Haven't tried the Touchpad special
drivers yet.

--
Dow Hurst
dhurst at ksumail.kennesaw.edu