[ale] BottleRocket

S. Eric Asberry eric at sedonna.com
Fri Jul 16 11:44:53 EDT 1999

At 10:49 AM 7/16/99 -0400, you wrote:
>         Check your batteries and where you've got the receiver
>positioned.  I've used my remote from a good ways away (~10 yards
>outside my house :) and it still worked.

Well, they were brand new batteries, but after I wrote my message I did
move the transceiver as close to the center of the house as I could
(keeping in mind my office is in an over-the-garage bonus room).  The best
location stopped picking up the commands from the PC, but another spot in
between seems to work very well, and seems to also work from every room
downstairs.

Of course, their evil plot worked (X10's, that is).  I just order another
$60 worth of wall switches, lamp plugs and appliance plugs from them ...  :)

Eric