[ale] Semi random lock ups

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 15 16:23:17 EDT 1999

Then fvwm2 is probably what I should do next.  I was hoping that KDE would have
been a big improvement over Gnome/Enlightenment, and it was somewhat of an
improvement, but what disturbs me is that X crashes me out or the machine locks
up.  Slow I can take.  Flaky I can't.

I should also point out that this machine's previous owner waxed at least one
monitor on this computer trying to play a DOS game that obviously tried to
overclock it.  I've gotten some info to the effect that this could have damaged the
video hardware and that that may be behind my X crashes and machine lockups.  I'm
open-minded about that but I remain a bit skeptical.

- Jeff