[ale] [Fwd: matrox millennium II video card problem]

Dave Brooks dbrooks at comstar.net
Wed Jul 14 12:00:04 EDT 1999

Running 1280x1024 at anything higher than 8-bit (256 colors) color isn't
possible with a 4meg card. (Don't hold me to this -- that's just the
case judging from my old 4meg S3ViRGE).  If you are running at 8-bit,
just know that Enlightenment is rather colorful, thats probably why.
Try using 1152x900x16 or 1024x768x16 (24?) and see if the problem
persists.  16-bit color+ should be sufficient for all your
color-handling needs.

Regards,
Dave
dbrooks at comstar.net