[ale] floppy hardware problem?

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed Jul 14 09:50:23 EDT 1999

I think I've got a hardware problem, but I thought I'd run this by the
list to see if anyone has experienced anything like this.  I've had my
machine lock up completely on a couple of occasions when I was accessing
my floppy drive.  A couple of times it was a 'dd' execution and at least
twice when installing an OS under vmware.  When I say lock up, I mean
keyboard/mouse do not respond, animations on the desktop stop animating
and the floppy drive light stays on continuously.  I can not telnet into
the machine either, it reports that the system is not responding.

Question is, if this is a hardware problem, is more than likely the
drive or the interface?

Is it possible this is a software problem?

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl