[ale] interesting article...

Mandrake mandrake at mandrake.net
Tue Jul 13 19:28:07 EDT 1999

On Tue, Jul 13, 1999 at 07:18:33PM -0400, Glenn R. Stone wrote:
> "David S. Jackson" wrote:
> >
> > I just read this article recommended off one of the FreeBSD lists:
> >
> > http://www.opseeds.com/unixstuff.htm
> >
> > I guess you could call it the "Grand Unix Unification" scheme??
>
> Lookit the date on the thing.  November 1993.  Just about where Linux
> started to take off.  Interesting, how Sun has kinda become moot on
> the low end, and Caldera has filled in where Novell left off....

actually I'll point out that's larry mcvoy, the guy from bitmover.
he's a linux guy.

| Mandrake (Geoff Harrison)                | http://mandrake.net          |
| Senior Software Engineer - VA Linux Labs | http://www.valinux.com       |
| Co-Author - Enlightenment Window Manager | http://www.enlightenment.org |
| linux.com - Advisory Board Member        | http://www.linux.com         |
"It was then at 3 AM - sitting at Dennys - that I realized that my friends and
I had turned out to be the very people my mother had tried so hard to keep
me sheltered from."